Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Training

4/10/10

Today was a bit unusual. The Aikido Sensei agreed to meet me on Saturdays to catch up my training for missing the Monday classes. I am at work during those classes, so it is impossible for me to attend. Luckily, Master Sue, my Taekwondo instructor, agreed to allow me to train on Saturdays at her dojang.

Now, that everyone is caught up, we can see where this is going… that’s right! Two and a half hours of martial arts on Saturdays. It wasn’t as difficult as I thought it was going to be. Both classes were great. The interesting thing about training in both back to back was that I could really see some of the similarities in the footwork. I could also see the differences between the circularity of Aikido and the linear nature of Taekwondo. I can see where knowing both would be advantageous in a self-defense situation.

On a selfish note, the class consisted of me, Jade and three martial arts masters. This project is just awesome!

So, this puts my Taekwondo at 7 classes. The moves are starting to feel more natural, my balance is improving so, I am not stumbling as much when I perform kicks. The stance is still a bit strange and I constantly have to correct myself. I am starting to enjoy the forms. They really are a moving meditation.

No comments:

Post a Comment