Thursday, June 24, 2010

Physical Therapy

Friday 6/18/10
They took it easy on me today. I was hooked up to electro-fun, endured an easy massage (compared to the last one) and had my manipulations and stretches. I was still a bit sore, but was able to do my pool exercises afterwards.

Monday 6/21/10
The “massage” today was pretty intense and I was feeling pain. I have not been feeling pain or having spasms at all for the past couple of days. I am stiff and a bit sore, but not really feeling pain.

Later in the day, I did my 15-minute walk and also ran for 5 minutes! My body felt great, but my lungs need to be built back up. I also did my pool exercises. I felt great today. I want to go back to work and also start training again.

Wednesday 6/23/10
I got two new exercises to do today. I also asked if I could start doing my abdominal routine. The physical therapist was a bit hesitant about it, so I explained my lengthy routine and offered to do half the exercises at a quarter reps. He was fine with that. I also got permission to slowly build my run back up! Woo Hoo!!

While I was at it, I asked if I could look at going back to work. My job is very physical, and they weren’t convinced that I was ready for it. Crap! I will keep doing my exercises and plan for returning to work in about two weeks. I have to be ready by then, I have been making great progress!

No comments:

Post a Comment