Saturday, February 27, 2010

Taekwondo Training

2/27/10

No class this week. It wasn’t a bad thing since it gave me a chance to practice what I had learned last week.

A funny thing happened in class last week. She was showing us a sparring form. I kept getting too close to the other person and making it difficult to deliver that kick we were working on. When I got in close, I wanted to do a leg sweep, flip or hold on the other person and had to really think about the kicks that we were supposed to be practicing. I guess that this was my first “muddy moment.”

Many of the instructors that I have talked to asked if it was going to be difficult to learn so many forms in such a short time. While we are learning and practicing, it isn’t difficult to keep them separated. I guess when it comes time to spar, it might get a bit more muddy. It will be interesting to see how it develops.

No comments:

Post a Comment