Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Slow Progress

3/1/11
I am making progress with my migraines. The frequency of the migraines has decreased, at least in connection with the neck pain. I am down to one neck pain related migraine every three months (I am averaging).

That’s great… isn’t it?

So, now that I have been working on my neck issues I am having more pain. That is good and bad at the same time. It’s bad because I am having more pain, but it’s good because I am fixing the alignment problem. Slowly, but surely, there is a light at the end of this tunnel. I am on medications, doing exercises every day and making progress.

Okay, I am not going to lie. This is frustrating and limiting. I want to run, I want to work out, I want to continue training in martial arts. The medications have terrible side effects and I get a bit cranky about taking them. Yes, the meds work, but I just don’t want to take daily medication.

Every morning I do a physical therapy/ yoga fusion routine. I am pleased that it is working and I have about two hours of no pain afterwards. My range of motion has increased. Of course, as an exercise addict, I want to be able to use exercise to fix whatever ails me.

Even though I’m impatient with myself, I can see the progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment